Fundamentals of Digital Photography Outline
The course is amazing; efficient, easy to understand and very useful. I really enjoyed it.
Jean-Phillipe M., Canada, 2013 NYIP Graduate
The course was very enriching, and my student advisor as well as my instructor were outstanding. I liked the auto CD lesson guides as well as the Weekend Photo Workshop DVD video programs. The NYIP training brought out my artistic side, and let me develop more of my love in photography. Thank you NYIP & your staff.
Laura C., Texas, 2013 NYIP Graduate
When I choose this course, I had just bought a DSLR and I have wanted to learn how to use it at the best, and that is exactly what this course brought to me. Thank you!
Elisabeth G., Canada, 2013 NYIP Graduate
Below is an outline of what you will learn with NYIP’s new, Fundamentals of Digital Photography Course.
Unit One: Taking the Photograph.
- Lessons: Lesson 1-Eye of the Photographer, Lesson 2-Camera and Lens, Lesson 3-How to Use Your Camera, Part 1, Lesson 4-How to Use Your Camera, Part 2
- Audio: "Learn from the Experts" Audio Guides for Unit One
- Video: 7 "Training with the Experts" videos
- Photo Project Kit: Your photographic assignment for Units One and Two
- Unit One Comprehension Test
Unit Two: Working With the Photograph.
- Lessons: Lesson 5-Download, Quick Printing, and Basic Backup, Lesson 6-Exposure, Part 1, Lesson 7-Exposure,Part 2, Lesson 8-Composition —Creative Seeing
- Audio: "Learn from the Experts" Audio Guides for Unit Two
- Video: 3 "Training with the Experts" videos
- NYIP Gray Card
- Unit Two Comprehension Test
Unit Three: Lighting and Printing the Photograph.
- Lessons: Lesson 9-Natural and Available Light, Lesson 10-Flash and Artificial Lighting, Lesson 11-Digital Darkroom, Lesson 12-The Perfect Print
- Audio: "Learn from the Experts" Audio Guides for Unit Three
- Video: 2 "Training with the Experts" videos
- Photo Project Kit: Your photographic assignment for Units Three and Four
- Unit Three Comprehension Test
Unit Four: Special Opportunities.
- Lessons: Lesson 13-People and Pet Photography, Lesson 14-Landscape and Travel Photography, Lesson 15-Photojournalism, Sports, and Special Effects, Lesson 16-Advanced Output
- Audio: "Learn from the Experts" Audio Guides for Unit Four
- Video: 4 "Training with the Experts" videos
- Unit Four Comprehension Test
- Your New York Institute of Photography Certificate of Completion