Business for Photographers Course Overview
This online business of photography course is for experienced photographers who want to start or grow their photography business and learn how to make money with their camera. We assume that you know how to take professional-quality photos, which is why this program pairs so well with any of our other photo courses. You will learn exactly what it takes to start your business, define your market, sell yourself and your work to clients and market your business.
Throughout the course you will hear from professional photographers and business experts who share their tips and advice with you. You will complete a series of projects designed to prepare you for success upon graduation and your teacher will review your work and offer valuable feedback as you go.
NYIP Graduates are eligible to become certified by the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
What you'll learn
After completing the Business Course for Photographers, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate business skills to start and grow one’s own photography business.
- Discuss what it takes to start a business.
- Define the market they are targeting and what a brand is.
- Apply techniques to sell themselves and his or her work to clients.
- Describe how a written business plan can help one jump start a business.
- Create a well developed marketing plan to market your business.
- Develop skills in online, social media and content marketing to set one’s business apart.
- Explain the importance and be able to conduct market research.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential photography program... view course pricing
What you get
- 5 units of course materials— lessons and HD video available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A professional photographer as your mentor— there to help you improve, provide technical support, and review your photos as you move through the course
- Access to our student forum— an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your photos
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- 14 days to review the course risk-free— full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIP Certificate in Business for Photographers— delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Photography's course, Business for Photographers, is unique and comprehensive- there's nothing like it out there. In five jam-packed units, you will learn all aspects of setting up, marketing, and running your photo business. If you're serious about photography or if you're interested in promoting your work to a wider audience, this course will take you to the next level. Marketing is key in this competitive visual field, and our course covers all aspects of successful marketing, with case studies and best practices of the pros. From writing your business plan to making your first sale, we'll take you through every step. How to setup your business, conduct research, develop your portfolio, brand your style, and get clients. NYIP's online course is easy to navigate, and our student support is the best. You'll have a professional photographer to mentor you, to answer your questions and guide you towards your goals. And because it's online, you can take this course anywhere, anytime, and at your own pace. Make your photography business a reality- enroll today.