Photojournalism Course Overview
Learn how to take an impactful photograph like the pros do.
- Explore the rapidly growing field of photojournalism as you learn to capture compelling images using proper light, exposure and composition
- Begin to see the world like a photographer as you begin understanding the elements of a compelling photo
- Develop your skills as a storyteller as you learn the principles of narrative and visualization
- Build a portfolio of your work as you learn the business skills it takes to become a professional photojournalist
- Get instant feedback and advice on your progress as a professional photojournalist guides you through every lesson
Photojournalism Course Details
- Total Course Length = 150 hours, 4 Units
- Course Schedule = Study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. There are no deadlines or due dates. Start today and we’ll give you up to 18 months to complete your course. If after 18 months you need additional time you can contact the school and we can extend your enrollment an additional 6 months at no additional cost.
- NYIP Mentor Program = NYIP pairs you with a professional photographer for technical support and artistic development throughout your studies with us. He or she is your mentor, there to help make you better.
- Photography Student Forum = Access an online forum of students and graduates and share photos, advice, and anything else that’s on your mind.
- NYIP Graduation Certificate in Photojournalism = yours upon graduation!
Who Enrolls in this Course?
- Anyone who wants to become a professional photojournalist, either as a news organization employee or freelancer
- Photographers who want to add photojournalism to their skill set
- Beginning photographers who want to document the people, places, and events in their own lives
- Seasoned photojournalists looking to update their skills and take their careers to the next level
My training at NYIP gave me the confidence to start my own business doing what I love.
- Angel D., Missouri, 2014 NYIP Graduate