Portrait Photography Course
Portrait Photography Course Overview
See your portrait skill grow almost overnight.
- Learn the language of posing subjects, including individuals, groups, children, and pets
- Develop your signature style and get expert advice on how to capture authentic feeling in your shots
- Master the tools you’ll need to produce high-quality shots, including cameras, lenses, lighting and backdrops
- Learn the business skills necessary to go pro and develop a portfolio of work you can use to recruit clients
- Get instant feedback and advice on your progress as a professional portrait photographer guides you through every lesson.
Portrait Photography Course Details
- Total Course Length - 150 hours, 4 Units
- Course Schedule - Study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. There are no deadlines or due dates. Start today and we’ll give you up to 18 months to complete your course. If after 18 months you need additional time you can contact the school and we can extend your enrollment an additional 6 months at no additional cost.
- NYIP Mentor Program - NYIP pairs you with a professional photographer for technical support and artistic development throughout your studies with us. He or she is your mentor, there to help make you better.
- Photography Student Forum - Access an online forum of students and graduates and share photos, advice, and anything else that’s on your mind.
- NYIP Graduation Certificate in Portrait Photography - yours upon graduation!
Who Enrolls in this Course?
- Anyone wanting to open their own photography studio
- Photographers who want to be able to take better portraits
- People who want to earn money taking headshots, school photos, and other types of portraits
- Amateur photographers who want to take better photos of family, friends, and the people in their lives
My training at NYIP gave me the confidence to start my own business doing what I love.
- Angel D., Missouri, 2014 NYIP Graduate