This online travel photography course is for anyone who desires to take the kind of inspiring photographs seen in the pages of National Geographic. To be a great travel photographer, one must learn how to see the world like a photographer. This course will do just that, teaching you the many types of travel photography - landscapes, nature, portraits, and documentary.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of photo projects that will be reviewed and evaluated by your teacher, a professional photographer there to help you improve. By the time you complete the program, you will have a portfolio of high-quality photos and the skills necessary to succeed in the world of travel photography.
NYIP Graduates are eligible to become certified by the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
What you'll learn
After completing the Travel Photography course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate skill in shooting landscapes, nature, portraits, architecture and documentary.
- Master the gear needed to take amazing photographs in a variety of scenarios.
- Explain what gear and equipment he or she needs to pack for any trip.
- Apply key travel photography techniques to document travels like a professional.
- Review fundamentals like composition, lighting and exposure.
- Describe the digital workflow and post production processes of archiving, importing, editing, curating and outputting your work.
- Discuss marketing aspects and how to sell his or her work to cover the expenses of the next travel job.
- Develop a portfolio that captures the uniqueness of his or her work.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential photography program... view course pricing
What you get
- 4 units of course materials— lessons and HD video available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A professional photographer as your mentor— there to help you improve, provide technical support, and review your photos as you move through the course
- Access to our student forum— an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your photos
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- 14 days to review the course risk-free— full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIP Certificate in Travel Photography— delivered upon graduation
View Course Reviews
The best course in travel photography and in photography in general.rnI learned a lot.
This course gave me a lot of insight into what a Travel Photographer really is and it definitely broadened my viewpoint on what to look for and also to not skimp on the description and information that goes along with Travel.
I enjoyed taking this course. I found it informative and educational, and my photographic skills have greatly improved. The course material was easy to understand. The course photos were an added bonus.
This is the second major course I have taken through NYIP. And I so thoroughly enjoy taking courses with you! There is always something new for me to learn through your courses and it helps me tremendously to improve my skills. I am always recommending your website to anyone who is also a photographer. Looking forward to receiving my diploma for this course. rnrnThank you.rn
Highly recomend this course. It has taught me allot about Travel photography. The evaluations by the instructor drastically improved my images.
A group of us signed up for this course and really I should have done the basics first as a novice photographer, but I did get some really great input from the instructors and learned quite a bit about travel photography that I will certainly apply to all my future trips. Thank you NYIP!
I loved the experience and definitely learned how to improve my photographic skills.
I am very happy that I decided to enroll to the Intensive course of travel photography. I am now waiting for my final project evaluation and I am more than excited! It was so much fun, I have learned so many new things! I am very sad it is end now. Maybe I will enroll to other course soon :) Anyway, I really recommend this kind of school. It is very interesting and you can take it whenever and wherever you want! Thank you NYIP!
I learnt a lot from this course and thoroughly recommend it to any photographer who wants to take their travel photos to the next level.
I am so glad I did this Course. The good thing about This Course is, I could do it on my own Time. I highly recommend this Course for people who likes to go in Travel and Landscape Photography. I loved every minute of it. Thank you so much.
I am extremely happy to have taken this course on travel photography! It has given me the insight and the skills to take better photos. My goal is to become professional in the field. This course is well worth the money spent..
Travel photography, to me, is about telling powerful stories through the photographs taken on the way. NYIP's travel photography course helped me gain more self-confidence on travel photo shooting. One of the best joys of seeing those fabulous places and using the camera to record them is being able to allow others to experience them through my photos.