Become a Travel Photographer
This online travel photography course is for anyone who desires to take the kind of inspiring photographs seen in the pages of National Geographic. To be a great travel photographer, one must learn how to see the world like a photographer. This course will do just that, teaching you the many types of travel photography - landscapes, nature, portraits, and documentary.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of photo projects that will be reviewed and evaluated by your teacher, a professional photographer there to help you improve. By the time you complete the program, you will have a portfolio of high-quality photos and the skills necessary to succeed in the world of travel photography.
NYIP Graduates are eligible to become certified by the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
What you'll learn
After completing the Travel Photography course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate skill in shooting landscapes, nature, portraits, architecture and documentary.
- Master the gear needed to take amazing photographs in a variety of scenarios.
- Explain what gear and equipment he or she needs to pack for any trip.
- Apply key travel photography techniques to document travels like a professional.
- Review fundamentals like composition, lighting and exposure.
- Describe the digital workflow and post production processes of archiving, importing, editing, curating and outputting your work.
- Discuss marketing aspects and how to sell his or her work to cover the expenses of the next travel job.
- Develop a portfolio that captures the uniqueness of his or her work.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential photography program... view course pricing
What you get
- 4 units of course materials— lessons and HD video available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A professional photographer as your mentor— there to help you improve, provide technical support, and review your photos as you move through the course
- Access to our student forum— an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your photos
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- 14 days to review the course risk-free— full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIP Certificate in Travel Photography— delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Photography's Course in Travel Photography sends you deep into this exciting photographic specialty. NYIP's 4-unit course examines every aspect of the genre. From developing new ways of seeing to practical aspects of working in the field to creating the final image- with gorgeous photography and video from renowned travel photographers, you'll dig into the art of photographing people and places, nature and animals. With an impressive roster of travel photographers as your online instructors, and your own NYIP mentor, a travel photographer who works with you one on one. You will hone the skills that make a great travel photographer. And because it's online, you can fit it into your busy life. Take the course anytime, anyplace and at your own pace. Go somewhere with your photography- enroll today.