Video Making Course Overview
This online video making course is for photographers who want to add video to their skillset, or amateur videographers who want to learn how to use today’s technology to produce professional-quality work. Step-by-step, you will learn to plan and write a script, to capture dynamic video and audio in the moment and to edit your work like a pro. You will master the gear, lighting, sound editing and color correction necessary for success.
Throughout the course you will complete a series of video projects that will be evaluated by your teacher, a professional filmmaker. By the time you complete the program, you’ll have a finished video project you can be proud of and you’ll have the skills necessary to succeed in this exciting field.
NYIP Graduates are eligible to become certified by the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
What you'll learn
After completing the Video Making course, students will be able to:
- Master the art of video and develop your eye as a videographer.
- Demonstrate how to use today’s technology to produce professional- quality work.
- Plan and write a script.
- Capture dynamic video and audio in the moment.
- Edit your work like a professional.
- Use the gear, lighting, sound editing and color correction necessary for success.
- Describe the processes of different types of videos one can create including short fiction videos, documentaries, personal and family videos, and special event videos.
- Apply key skills to the processes of pre production, production and post production.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential photography program... view course pricing
What you get
- 6 units of course materials— lessons and HD video available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A professional photographer as your mentor— there to help you improve, provide technical support, and review your photos as you move through the course
- Access to our student forum— an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your photos
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- 14 days to review the course risk-free— full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIP Certificate in Video Making— delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Photography's Complete Course in Video making and Storytelling will turn you into a skilled and knowledgeable videographer so that you can realize your movie making vision. The course covers everything from the history of video to the latest formats, from pre-production to post production workflow. In 6 information-packed units, with beautiful photography and thorough video lessons, you will gain the technical skills you need to produce professional quality video. And, you will expand your creative vision and discover your artistic voice. NYIP's online course is easy to navigate, and our student support is the best. You will have a professional videographer to mentor you, answer your questions and guide you towards your goals. And because it's online, you can take the course anywhere, anytime, and at your own pace. Make your vision happen- enroll today.