Fundamentals of Digital Photography Course
Fundamentals of Digital Photography Course Overview
This beginner digital photography course is meant to help you master your digital camera. Learn the basic functions of your camera so you can begin to shoot in manual mode, capturing higher-quality images of the people and places around you. Professional photographers will show you how to see the world like a photographer, whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been taking photos for years.
Throughout the course, you’ll complete a series of photo projects that will help you practice the skills you are learning. Your teacher will work with you, reviewing your photos and helping you improve as you complete the program. By the time you finish, you will have the skills and know-how to take professional-quality photographs.
NYIP Graduates are eligible to become certified by the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
What you'll get
- 4 units of course materials— lessons and HD video available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A professional photographer as your mentor— there to help you improve, provide technical support, and review your photos as you move through the course
- Access to our student forum— an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your photos
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- 14 days to review the course risk-free— full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIP Certificate in Beginner Photography Course— delivered upon graduation
What you'll learn
After completing the Fundamentals of Digital Photography course, students will be able to:
- Master the use of his or her digital camera.
- Discuss the basic settings and functions of his or her camera so he or she is able to shoot in manual mode.
- Utilize exposure, lighting and lenses on a camera.
- Explain proper composition and how to take the perfect photograph in all conditions.
- Develop his or her eye to see the world like a photographer.
- Demonstrate the skills associated with the post production process.
- Reproduce different types of portraiture and apply techniques specific to this area of photography.
- Apply skills that will help him or her to turn good photographs into great ones.