Fundamentals of Digital Photography Course Overview
This beginner digital photography course is meant to help you master your digital camera. Learn the basic functions of your camera so you can begin to shoot in manual mode, capturing higher-quality images of the people and places around you. Professional photographers will show you how to see the world like a photographer, whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been taking photos for years.
Throughout the course, you’ll complete a series of photo projects that will help you practice the skills you are learning. Your teacher will work with you, reviewing your photos and helping you improve as you complete the program. By the time you finish, you will have the skills and know-how to take professional-quality photographs.
NYIP Graduates are eligible to become certified by the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
What you'll learn
After completing the Fundamentals of Digital Photography course, students will be able to:
- Master the use of his or her digital camera.
- Discuss the basic settings and functions of his or her camera so he or she is able to shoot in manual mode.
- Utilize exposure, lighting and lenses on a camera.
- Explain proper composition and how to take the perfect photograph in all conditions.
- Develop his or her eye to see the world like a photographer.
- Demonstrate the skills associated with the post production process.
- Reproduce different types of portraiture and apply techniques specific to this area of photography.
- Apply skills that will help him or her to turn good photographs into great ones.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential photography program... view course pricing
What you get
- 4 units of course materials— lessons and HD video available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A professional photographer as your mentor— there to help you improve, provide technical support, and review your photos as you move through the course
- Access to our student forum— an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your photos
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- 14 days to review the course risk-free— full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIP Certificate in Beginner Photography— delivered upon graduation
New York Institute of photography's fundamentals of digital photography is the perfect course for anyone interested in learning the art of photography. Learn to get the most out of your digital camera. Study, focus, composition, exposure, and lighting finally captured a photographic vision you've had in your mind's eye of your family, your life, and your travels. New York Institute of photography's state of the art online course platform is easy to navigate and filled with photographs and video lessons brought to you by professional photographers. You'll work one-on-one with an NYIP mentor, a professional photographer, who will answer all your questions and provide valuable feedback on your work. And because it's online, you can take the course wherever you are, whenever you want to and at your own pace. Learn photography from a pro. Enroll today.