Professional Photography Course
Professional Photography Course Overview
Our most popular and comprehensive course — the gold standard of photo education.
- Learn to creatively control your camera as you break free from auto mode and thrive in manual
- Master the business of photography as you gain the tools needed to succeed as a pro
- Develop your eye to see the world like a photographer and capture the best picture in any situation
- Practice your new skills as you uncover the secrets of effective exposure, lighting and lenses
- Dive into specialized areas of focus like travel, landscape and weddings as you identify your compositional niche
- Receive instant feedback on your photos from a professional in the field - your mentor – when you upload your photo projects
Professional Photography Course Details
- Total Course Length - 270 hours, 6 Units
- Course Schedule - Study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. There are no deadlines or due dates. Start today and we’ll give you up to 18 months to complete your course. If after 18 months you need additional time you can contact the school and we can extend your enrollment an additional 6 months at no additional cost.
- NYIP Mentor Program - NYIP pairs you with a professional photographer for technical support and artistic development throughout your studies with us. He or she is your mentor, there to help make you better.
- Photography Student Forum - Access an online forum of students and graduates and share photos, advice, and anything else that’s on your mind.
- NYIP Graduation Certificate in Professional Photography - yours upon graduation!
Who Enrolls in this Course?
- People who want to become a professional photographer
- People who want to earn money as a freelance photographer
- Experienced photographers who want to learn new skills
- Amateur photographers who want to take better photos
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state.
My training at NYIP gave me the confidence to start my own business doing what I love.
- Angel D., Missouri, 2014 NYIP Graduate