“Oh, Beautiful” Photo Competition Winners
This summer, the New York Institute of Photography took to Facebook to announce the 2013 “Oh, Beautiful” Photo Competition. The photo contest was open to the public, and officially opened on September 9th.
Entrants were asked to submit any photo in one of four categories: Animals and Pets, People, Landscapes and Nature, and Miscellaneous. A total of 862 photos were submitted.
After the submission period, voting opened. A public voting period of four weeks decided the top 5 photos in each category. Over 20,000 votes were cast.
Here is a list of those photos that received the most votes in each category.
Animals and Pets:
- Expecting by Wanda Gailey
- When we learn to love by Paul Fritsche
- Hellooo Handsome by Jason Falleti
- Snowy Nose by Brigett Ritchie
- End of a beautiful day by Jenny Wintzen
- Flowers for the Flower Girl by Lyndsay Wingle
- Entrapped by Mahima Jauhar
- Little Mermaid by Diana Simova
- Love by Somrudee Nielsen
- Innocence by Tasha Hall
Landscapes and Nature:
- Canyon Sunrise by Sheila Grimm
- Evening Bliss by Andrea Rentschler
- Painted Turbulence by Patricia Sorrels
- Vacation by Donna Chapman-Domitrek
- Fall time in upstate New York by Kristy Lester
- Cattle Egret in the Rain by Inna Malostovker
- Paragliding Waltz by Audrey Caron
- Childhood by Cassandra Phillips
- Water by Dominic Rampino
- Precious Moments by Michelle Rogers
Those twenty photos were already winners of 50% tuition on an NYIP Course and a $20 gift card to Adorama. But before it was over, they went on to the next round of judging. This round was judged by three professional photographers, who also happen to be NYIP student advisors – Chris Corradino, George Delgado, and Tom Cavalieri.
Below are the winners of each category.
Winner of Animals and Pets: Expecting by Wanda Gailey
Winner of People: Flowers for the Flower Girl by Lyndsay Wingle
Winner of Landscapes and Nature: Canyon Sunrise by Sheila Grimm
Winner of Miscellaneous and GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Cattle Egret in the Rain by Inna Malostovker
Thank you to all those who participated in the contest, whether it was with photos or votes. The response to this first annual photo contest was remarkable. And congratulations to the winners!