If you’re considering turning your photography passion into a career, you may be thinking about enrolling in a course to not only improve your current skills but provide proof to clients that you’re skilled and qualified. But can you make a photography training program work with your schedule and your budget? With New York Institute of Photography, you absolutely can! Here’s everything you need to know about making NYIP’s affordable, flexible, online photography courses work for your budget.
How does tuition work for NYIP?
High quality, accredited, and industry recognized photography classes don’t have to break the bank. At NYIP, we’re dedicated to offering affordable tuition that can fit your budget so you can take the next steps toward reaching your goals. All of our online photography courses offer full payment and monthly payment options, so you can choose which one best fits your needs. Here’s how they work.,
- Full payment plan. If you’re able, you can make a one-time payment by paying the tuition in full. You’ll also save a little money on the tuition cost when you pay it up front! This option is best for those who don’t want to keep up with monthly payments. You’ll also have access to your courses immediately after making your payment.
- Monthly payment plan. Each course offered at NYIP has the option for monthly tuition payments. That means you can pay off your program while you’re working on it, and it can often be a great choice for those who may have a tighter monthly budget. While the tuition cost can vary based on the program you choose to enroll in, most have monthly payments as low as $59. To get started, you’ll make an initial payment and then each month, you’ll make your payment either by mailing it in, calling to make a payment, or setting up automatic billing with your credit or debit card. Once you make your initial payment, you’ll have access to your courses so you can get started whenever you’re ready.
Does NYIP accept or offer financial aid?
The New York Institute of Photography doesn’t accept or offer financial aid packages. Because of the lower cost and shorter length of our courses, they do not meet the requirements for standard financial aid programs. However, with our affordable monthly payment plans, most students don’t need to apply for financial aid to cover the cost of their photography training
While we don’t offer or accept financial aid, we do work with veteran’s benefits, such as MYCAA. Additionally, both active-duty and veteran military members qualify for $100 off their program tuition.
Can I get a refund if the program isn’t right for me?
Absolutely! NYIP offers a refund policy if you realize the program isn’t right for you, for whatever reason. Whether you’ve realized the class you signed up for isn’t right for you, you don’t have the time in your schedule to study like you thought you would, or for any other reason, you can cancel your enrollment with NYIP at any time.
After enrolling, you’ll have a 14-day period in which you can review your classes and decide if NYIP is right for you. If within that two-week period you realize that you no longer want to take the course you signed up for, no worries! Just contact us and we’ll make sure you receive a full refund – whether you paid in full or started on the monthly payment plan. After 14 days, you can still cancel your program, though you won’t receive a full refund. Your refund, in that case, would be based on how far you progressed in your course before cancelling.
Do I have to pay for course materials like books?
No! Your NYIP classes are completely online, so you don’t need to purchase textbooks or other course materials. However, to help in your studies, you may want to purchase things such as notebooks or other study materials. These aren’t required to complete your program but help you with notetaking and studying! Additionally, you’ll want to have the proper camera equipment before enrolling in your course. We don’t send students cameras or other gear. If you’re not sure what equipment you need to complete your projects, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! You can call us at 1-800-583-1736 for any questions.
What’s included in my NYIP tuition?
No matter which of our 10 photography training programs you choose, your NYIP tuition covers your classes which are designed with expert course materials to ensure you learn the skills you need to become a better photographer. You’ll also get:
- 24/7 access to your courses
- Access to advisors and teachers by phone or email
- One-on-one feedback on your photos from professional photographers
- Training in starting a photography business and making money with your work
- Your official NYIP certificate on completion of your course
Develop skills with NYIP today
When you sign up for a photography course with NYIP, you're taking the next step toward becoming a better photographer, whether that means learning new skills, refining current ones, or starting your own business in the field. To get started or learn more about how our photography courses work, reach out to our expert representatives today at 1-800-583-1736!