For those who couldn’t tune in to Adorama’s Through the Lens Live Panel this afternoon, here’s a quick round-up of the day’s most quotable moments! For the event’s full live-tweet account, check out our Twitter feed.
- @insighting- “One day on my way home, I saw some guy taking a picture of a puddle on the ground. I thought it was weird at first, but then I noticed the really pretty reflection of the Soho neighborhood that he was capturing in the shot. I think that’s when I first decided to pursue photography.”
- @tutes- “Hustle. Network. Socialize. Meet people.”
- @misshattan – “If you’re ever going to take a bet on somebody, that somebody should be yourself.”
- @visualsbypierre – “At one point in my career, I wasn’t sure if I should stay at my job or just fully pursue photography. And I was extremely blessed, because my boss made the decision for me…when I got fired… for skipping work to go to a gig.”
- @itsneilb – “Once you put out work that speaks for itself, the clients come to you.”
- @dave.krugman – “Maintaining a popular Instagram page is like being the creative director of your own subscription magazine.”
If you want to watch the full live-stream from today’s panel, you can check it out on YouTube.
Want to learn to become a better photographer? NYIP offers accredited photography classes that can help you improve your hobby or start a new career. Request your free course catalog today!